TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Welcome to Finsights! We’re excited to have you here but before you start using Finsights, we do need you to look through and accept these terms. These are your legal rights and obligations, so please do read everything. If you can’t agree to our terms, then you can’t use our services.
Registering with and using Finsights
- You and Finsights: When we say you or your, we mean both you and any entity or firm you’re authorised to represent.
When we say Finsights, Finsights.biz, we, our or us, we’re talking about Lotus Insights India Private Limited entity you contract with by using the website.
- Our services: Our services consist of all the services we provide now or in the future, including our online, desktop and mobile applications.
- Creating a subscription: When you sign up with our website or applications to use our services and accept these terms, you become a subscriber.
- People invited to use Finsights: An invited user is a person other than the subscriber who has been invited to use our services through a subscription. If you’re an invited user, you must also accept these terms to use our services.
- Rules: Whatever your role, when you usebizyou agree to follow the rules outlined. Please read them and make sure you understand what you should and shouldn’t do.
- Your responsibilities: You promise that you’ll keep your information (including a current email address) up to date. You’re responsible for providing true, accurate and complete information and for verifying the accuracy of any information that you use from our services for your legal, tax and compliance obligations. You’re also responsible for protecting your username and password from getting stolen or misused.
- When we introduce new or revised services: Since we’re always thinking about how to make the best it can be – seriously, we’ve got teams dedicated to it – we regularly expand our services. For new or updated services, there might be additional terms. We’ll let you know what those terms are before you start using those services.
- What we own: We own everything we’ve put into our services unless otherwise stated and excluding content owned by others. This includes rights in the design, compilation, and look and feel of our services. It also includes rights in all copyrighted works, trademarks, designs, inventions, and other intellectual property. You agree not to copy, distribute, modify or make derivative works of any of our content or use any of our intellectual property rights in any way not expressly permitted by us.
Registering with and using Finsights
- Use of data: When you enter or upload your data into our services, we don’t own that data but you grant us a licence to use, copy, transmit, store, analyse, and back up all data you submit to us through our services, including personal data of yourself and others, to: enable you to use our services; allow us to improve, develop and protect our services; create new services; communicate with you about your subscription; and send you information we think may be of interest to you based on your marketing preferences.
- Integration of Data: We respect your privacy and the confidentiality of your data. When you synchronise a Tally Company with our desktop application, we don’t own that data but you grant us a license to integrate the data with our application.
- Use of your own personal data: We respect your privacy and take data protection seriously.
- Data breach notifications: Where we think there has been unauthorised access to personal data inside your subscription, we’ll let you know and give you information about what has happened. Depending on the nature of the unauthorised access, and the location of your affected contacts, you may be required to assess whether the unauthorised access must be reported to the contact and/or relevant authority. We think you’re best placed to make this decision because you’ll have the most knowledge about the personal data stored in your subscription.
We take reasonable precautions to protect your confidential information and expect that you’ll do the same for ours.
- Keeping it confidential: While using our services, you may share confidential information with us, and you may become aware of confidential information about us. You and we both agree to take reasonable steps to protect the other party’s confidential information from being accessed by unauthorised individuals. You or we may share each other’s confidential information with legal or regulatory authorities if required to do so.
Maintenance, downtime and data loss
We really try to minimise any downtime, but sometimes it’s necessary so we can keep our services updated and secure. You also may have occasional access issues and may experience data loss, so backing up your data is important.
- Availability: We strive to maintain the availability of our services, and provide online support, 24 hours a day. On occasion, we need to perform maintenance on our services, and this may require a period of downtime. We try to minimise any such downtime. Where planned maintenance is being undertaken, we’ll attempt to notify you in advance but can’t guarantee it.
- Access issues: You know how the internet works – occasionally you might not be able to access our services and your data. This might happen for any number of reasons, at any time.
- Data loss: Data loss is an unavoidable risk when using any technology. You’re responsible for maintaining copies of your data entered into our services.
- No compensation: Whatever the cause of any downtime, access issues or data loss, your only recourse is to discontinue using our services.
Liability and indemnity
This section is important as it outlines liability terms between us and both subscribers and invited users, so we urge you to read it closely and in full.
- You indemnify us: You indemnify us against all losses, costs (including legal costs), expenses, demands or liability that we incur arising out of, or in connection with, a third-party claim against us relating to your use of our services or any third-party product (except as far as we’re at fault).
- Limitation of liability: Other than liability that we can’t exclude or limit by law, our liability to you in connection with our services or these terms, in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, is limited as follows:
- We have no liability arising from your use of our services for any loss of revenue or profit, loss of goodwill, loss of customers, loss of capital, loss of anticipated savings, legal, tax or accounting compliance issues, damage to reputation, loss in connection with any other contract, or indirect, consequential, incidental, punitive, exemplary or special loss, damage or expense.
- For loss or corruption of your data, our liability will be limited to taking reasonable steps to try and recover that data from our available backups.
- Our total aggregate liability to you in any circumstances is limited to the total amount you paid us for your subscription.
- No professional advice: Finsights isn’t a professional services firm of any sort, and isn’t in the business of giving any kind of professional advice. We may provide you with information we think might be useful in running a small business, but this should not be seen as a substitute for professional advice and we aren’t liable for your use of the information in that way.
- Events outside our control: We aren’t liable to you for any failure or delay in the performance of any of our obligations under these terms arising out of any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
- Notices: Any notice you send to us must be sent to email@example.com. Any notices we send to you will be sent to the email address you’ve provided us through your subscription.
- Export limitations: You must not use our services in violation of any export or trade embargo laws that apply to you.
- Blocking your access, disabling your subscription, or refusing to process a payment: We may block your access, terminate your subscription, or refuse to process a payment if we reasonably believe there’s a risk – as a potential breach of a law or regulation – associated with you, your company, your subscription, or a payment.
- Relationship between the parties; assignment: Nothing in these terms is to be construed as constituting a partnership, joint venture, employment or agency relationship between you and us, or between you and any other subscriber or invited user. You’re solely responsible for resolving disputes between you and any other subscriber or invited user.
- Enforcement of terms: If there’s any part of these terms that either one of us is unable to enforce, we’ll ignore that part but everything else will remain enforceable.
- Interpretation: Words like ‘include’ and ‘including’ are not words of limitation and where anything is within our discretion we mean our sole discretion.
Information Collection and Use
The app does use third party services that may collect information used to identify you.